"If I had a dollar for every time I’ve been confused by life"
Well, you know the saying!
And I’m sure you know the feeling too!
Those times when you don’t understand God’s plan. When you’ve prayed and prayed and waited and waited and nothing changes.
It’s hard to understand, Infertility, Infidelity, Rejection, Terrorism, Hatred, Sex Trafficking, Illness, Disabilities, And the list goes on and on.
We live in a sinful world and sometimes the consequences of that truth feel overwhelming and confusing. It’s easy to see why it can feel like our prayers are bouncing off the ceiling or that God just isn’t listening. Yet, there is a greater truth! God is on the throne no matter how we feel.
The folowing are 5 Verses to Pray When You are Confused by Life.
1. “My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the Lord. “And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.” Isaiah 55:8–9
2. "will bless the Lord who guides me; even at night my heart instructs me. I know the Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken, for He is right beside me." Psalm 16:7–8
3. "Have you never heard? Have you never understood? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of all the earth. He never grows weak or weary. No one can measure the depths of His understanding. He gives power to the weak and strength to the powerless."Isaiah 40:28–29
4. "He heals the brokenhearted and bandages their wounds. He counts the stars and calls them all by name. How great is our Lord! His power is absolute! His understanding is beyond comprehension! "Psalm 147:3–5
5. Remember the things I have done in the past. For I alone am God! I am God, and there is none like me. Only I can tell you the future before it even happens. Everything I plan will come to pass, for I do whatever I wish. Isaiah 46:9–10
Friend, when we are confused by life, we can trust the One who is never confused. We can rely on the truth that He is in control. He is holding us close. And we can run to Him with our confusion and trust Him to guide us through our challenges and struggles.